An “Anti-Synopsis”: What this Series is NOT About…
From the outset, I posed a “reality” framework for the series:
- No rescues or interventions by space aliens.
- No miraculous technological “fixes” that alleviate the conditions of the Upheavals.
- No conditions or resources that don’t exist at present on Earth.
- No zombies, ghosts, disembodied apparitions or anything else that will distract from the tasks at hand.
- No “divine” interventions (no rescues by the Second Coming of Jesus, the manifestation of the Hidden Mahdi, the reincarnation of the Buddha…)
- [Most importantly:] No “denials”. Global climate change WILL happen. Oil and other energy sources ARE finite. Social, political, economic and cultural structures ARE collapsing. Deal with it…
- [Equally important:] Given all of the above, a positive future for ALL BEINGS must be promoted… not spending trillions of dollars so a handful of humans can try to live on another planet, while this one goes down the tubes.
This entry was posted in New Fiction Series!
. Bookmark the permalink