Our transformation from a dysfunctional, unsustainable and spiritually empty society means (re)discovering the roots of sacred civilization.
- We need a new civilization. By now, there should be no question about that.
- As our dysfunction is profound, our transformation must be radical enough to truly address the conditions we live in.
- Civilizations are not born in anger and frustration. That which comes from anger, frustration and conflict causes more problems than it solves.
- Civilizations are not born in discourse and rationality. There is a huge difference between talk that leads to empowered action, and “just talk”.
- Civilizations are not born by stopping what’s bad, or even by encouraging what’s good. Civilizations are born from a Transcendent vision.
- “Sacred” does not mean “religious”. A sacred civilization is beyond “religion”. A sacred civilization will not come from any religious group or organization.
- CIVILIZATIONS ARE BORN IN THE TRANSCENDENT AND ARE CATALYZED BY TRANSCENDENT LOVE. THEY COME FROM A SACRED PLACE, FOR A SACRED PURPOSE.
- A sacred civilization has 3 key values:
- Honoring and respect for the Earth;
- Honoring all LIFE;
- Honoring and respect for Spirit.
This Summer, I am walking the path of sacred civilization, to the ancient Kingdom of Ladakh, in what is now Northern India, Northern Pakistan and Southern China. I will also be questing for sacred civilization among the Egyptians, the Balinese, the Maori — and perhaps more.
This section of my website will contain updates and information on that journey, as well as an online, interactive journal for those who have been supporters of this journey.